A Council-certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC) has earned the most respected certification in the field of indoor environmental consulting.
A CIEC is certified as knowledgeable and experienced in three or more disciplines related to indoor air quality that include HVAC,B uilding Science, Microbial issues, Lead, Asbestos, Industrial Hygiene, & Toxicology.
To earn and maintain the CIEC, every candidate must:
- Demonstrate at least eight (8) years of verifiable field experience in IAQ consulting
- Pass a rigorous, psychometrically rated examination based on broad industry knowledge rather than a course curriculum
- Earn the unanimous approval of the CIEC certification board
- Re-certify every two years
- Participate in 20 hours of professional development activities each year
- Maintain the highest ethical standards
The CIEC certification is accredited by the Council of Engineering and Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB), a nationally recognized independent accreditation body. IAQ Council certifications are the ONLY designations in indoor air quality to earn CESB accreditation.